Why Is Black Mold Dangerous?

Water Damage and Mold

You may have heard that black mold is harmful. Many news reports have focused on the dangers of black mold in homes and other indoor environments. However, you might not be sure exactly how this kind of mold is dangerous. The pros at National Restoration Experts (NRE) are here to offer some answers to this common question.

The Dangers of Black Mold

These are the dangers of being exposed to black mold:

  • Easy Absorption: Mold is easily absorbed into the body. The spores are microorganisms, and they can be quickly inhaled through the nose and mouth. They may also enter the system via the eyes.
  • Serious Health Problems: Toxic black mold has been associated with an assortment of health issues, including allergies and asthma. It may even lead to conditions such as cancer, neurotoxicity, and disorders of the blood and immune system.
  • Illness in Infants: The presence of mold has also been linked to sickness in infants, such as diarrhea, asthma attacks, and pulmonary hemorrhaging. Some researchers even suspect that it could be a cause of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
  • Sickness in Animals: Animals may also suffer from exposure to black mold. Resultant illnesses in animals could include liver damage and lung hemorrhages. The potential symptoms range from nose bleeds to trembling to appetite loss.

Stay Safe with a Mold Testing Company

Do not take chances with the health of your household. If you suspect that black mold is present in your home, professional mold remediators at National Restoration Experts can identify this issue on your premises. We will also eradicate the problem as quickly as possible.

National Restoration Experts is a local, reputable mold removing company in South Florida. Contact us now or call us at 1-800-556-3472.