Water and moisture are often the cause of mold in a home. During the warmer summer months, humidity can lead to an increased amount of moisture in your home, which can unfortunately also lead to mold.
Mold can become destructive and ruin everything from ceilings and walls, to toys, furniture and books. Besides being able to ruin your hard-earned assets and much-loved items, in certain cases it can also become a health hazard to the occupants of the building.
What is mold?
There are many different types of mold and as most homeowners will know, there are also many different types of colors. Not all mold is toxic. Mold is a type of fungus that spreads through the production of spores, which can’t be removed from an environment. When mold spores land on a damp spot, it creates the ideal environment for mold to grow.
Our professionals will reach you in 30 to 60 minutes.
How does mold get into my home?
The ideal environment for mold to grow is warm, moist and humid environments. Mold spores that find their way into an area that is hot and damp can create the opportunity for mold to grow. It can’t always be prevented, but luckily there are many different ways to rectify the situation.
Mold spores are invisible to the naked eye and they can make their way into your home after attaching to an object or person. Any entry into your home, whether it’s a doorway, window, vent or air conditioning system, can be a gateway for mold spores to travel into your home. If the spores land in a damp area, then mold can grow. Without a damp condition, the mold spores won’t turn into mold. If there is a plumbing leak or damp spot in your home, then your best bet is to have the source of the leak identified and corrected so that mold won’t reoccur after it has been removed.
Small areas of mold can be scraped away. Normal household detergent and water can remove small areas of mold. If the affected area is large, then it is best to call a mold removal expert.