While water extraction costs and prices vary depending on a number of factors, it typically costs around $2,000 on average. Keep in mind that water extraction is simply the first step in the restoration procedure. The water damage repair business you select will next need to take the required steps to dry your building materials to a safe level.
Mold may grow on damp walls, causing health and property problems. This frequently entails destroying water-damaged sections and installing drying equipment on your property. If the water has been lying for a long and mold has developed, mold remediation services may be required. However, the expense of water damage restoration is frequently covered by insurance providers, so you may not have to worry about it.
What Factors Influence the Cost of Water Extraction?
Water extraction costs are typically standardized depending on your insurance company’s criteria and include the following major factors:
- The hourly rate for a water restoration contractor in a certain location.
- How much water do you have on your property? Water extraction typically costs around $4 per square foot.
- If the water damage is at a convenient or difficult to reach location on your property. For example, if the water is in your crawl area, it is generally more expensive to remove since it is more difficult to reach.
- Whether or not the water is polluted. If the water contains sewage or other contaminants that make it dangerous, it will frequently cost more to remove from your property.
- If you require emergency assistance in the middle of the night. If you engage a firm after hours, you will almost always have to pay “time and a half” for their services. This is a typical procedure for almost every service.
- What was the source of the problem in the first place? If there is an active leak, it must be repaired in order to avoid more damage.
- How long the water vacuums and other water damage restoration equipment must remain in your home.
Does Insurance Cover the Water Extraction Rates?
Whether or whether your insurance provider will pay the service is entirely dependent on your coverage and your unique scenario. For example, most property insurance plans often cover water extraction projects that are the result of one time events, but they may also cover a variety of other projects. After consulting with a water extraction specialist, it is a good idea to call your insurance provider to check whether the job will be reimbursed.
How To Minimize The Cost For Water Extraction
It may appear that if you are unfortunate enough to experience water damage, there is nothing you can do about the cost. But, thankfully, you may take immediate actions to prevent damage, which should result in lower repair costs.
Reduce expenditures by addressing the source of the water damage as soon as possible. Turn off all water supplies and power in the affected region. Remove any throw rugs and movable furniture from the room. Mop up or dump off any excess water. Open cabinet doors to allow for speedier drying. Wet drapes should be removed. Open the windows in the surrounding area.
Most crucial, call specialists as soon as possible. The sooner they arrive to begin the drying and repair procedure, the less damage you will sustain. When you have less damage, you have to pay less.
It’s also a good idea to tackle minor repairs as they arise, rather than allowing them to grow into larger problems later on. Carry suitable insurance and when there is damage, properly document everything for insurance claims.
Can I Extract Water Myself?
Yes, in basic instances with small volumes of water, you may be able to extract water. In the case of significant volumes, it is best to engage a contractor who has the necessary knowledge and tools to swiftly extract all traces of water. Water extraction takes a long time and a lot of effort, especially if you do it yourself. Furthermore, if you do not thoroughly extract all of the water, you risk exposing your property to moisture and mold.
Water Extraction Cost and Prices Conclusion
While water extraction might be costly, it is frequently covered by insurance, and it is critical that you act immediately to minimize more damage.
A Restoration Company Serving South Florida
Few water extraction companies in Florida can compete with National Restoration Experts’ work and service quality. Give your property the finest servicing possible.
Contact National Restoration Experts at 754-216-4660 now for 24 hour water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, or mold remediation, or receive a quick quotation from our website. In 30 to 60 minutes, our restoration experts will arrive at your south Florida house or office.
Are you wondering just how important water removal is to your home or business when experiencing water damage? Learn more here!