If you’ve noticed any unsightly mildew growing on the walls and floors of your bathroom, you could be seeing hazardous mold growth and may need to call a mold removal company. Having mold damage in your bathroom can be extremely damaging to your home, not just because mold damage can permanently alter and degrade the structures it appears on, but because mold spores released from mold growing in your bathroom can significantly lower the air quality. These toxic mold spores can trigger allergic reactions, create a nasty odor, and lead to various lung diseases. If you’re worried about mold damage in your bathroom, you should consider hiring the services of a professional mold remediation and mold removal company such as National Restoration Experts in order to get rid of mold spores and kill mold growing in your bathroom.
What is Mold Removal?
Mold removal and mold remediation involves the cleaning and/or potential removal of the areas of a building affected by mold growth. This can involve the deep cleaning of mold off of surfaces affected by mold damage by using disinfectants and the removal of mold affected materials such as flooring or drywall. The cost of these kinds of jobs can vary depending on factors such as:
- The source of the moisture that’s causing the mold growth
- The extent of the damage in square feet
- The number of mold affected materials
- How difficult the area is to clean mold off
Typically, a mold removal or mold remediation job can cost anywhere between the area of $500 to $6,000. These varying costs mean you have a lot to consider before you go through with a job. It all depends on the mold removal company you sign up with. Black mold is an especially hazardous form of mold growth and the mold spores released by black mold can pose risks to the health of the occupants of a home, meaning it can be more expensive with more potential risk for a professional team trying to get rid of a mold problem.
Bathroom mold is very common for homeowners, and it can lead to a health risk if the mold spores present become too severe. That’s why it’s important to hire trained professionals to perform the mold cleanup so you can get the help you need to make sure your bathroom remains a safe place for the people in your home.
How to Tell if your Bathroom Has a Mold Problem
Mold typically ends up growing in a bathroom because of water damage. This water damage can be the result of flooding caused by an overflowing sink, bathtub, or toilet. But it can also be the result of excess moisture in the air caused by steam from a shower. This excess moisture creates the perfect environment for hazardous mold growth. Luckily, a business that provides water damage restoration typically includes mold removal and mold remediation as a part of that process. You should always check your bathroom in sports where moisture is likely to gather, such as places where water has been regularly spilled since these are places where mold is likely to grow. Calling professionals for mold remediation and mold removal can help guarantee a better quality of air in your bathroom as a part of the water restoration and mold cleanup process.
4 Tips for Easy Bathroom Mold Removal
- Find the source: Mold removal can’t really begin until you first find the source of the water that’s causing the black mold to grow. Black mold could be growing in places you’re not checking often, such as the corners of the bathroom and near the ceiling. Some water damage can be obvious, like when it comes from flooding due to storms, but in places like the bathroom, it can be harder to spot when coming from inside the building. Make sure to check for any leaky pipes or faucets. You can also test an area for moisture using a moisture meter.
- Seal off the damaged area: Make sure the area that’s been affected by mold is secure before you begin any work. Seal the room you’re working in off from the rest of the building by covering the door and the air ducts in the room with plastic and tape. If the area isn’t currently wet, spray it with water to reduce the number of spores in the air before beginning mold removal.
- Clean and disinfect the damaged area: You can then begin to clean off any mold you can see on the surface. Start by spraying the area with an all-natural or commercially bought disinfectant spray and wait 30 minutes to an hour to begin cleanup. Then, use a sponge to scrub off the mold and repeat the process until the surface is completely free of mold. Clean thoroughly so there’s less of a chance of any mold growing back.
- Remove the debris for effective black mold removal: For any surfaces affected by black mold that can’t be completely cleaned, they may need to be removed entirely. Sometimes the damage can be more than surface deep and certain fixtures, such as carpeting or anything porous, can be nearly impossible to clean entirely. Any leftover debris should be properly sealed in garbage bags before the room is unsealed and then disposed of in an authorized location.
Why You Should Hire a Professional Mold Removal Service
Mold removal and mold remediation can be potentially dangerous to deal with depending on the seriousness of the situation. Hiring a professional mold remediation company will help you get the job done right with little chance of any further problems of mold growth. National Restoration Experts has helped Pompano Beach, FL for years when it comes to removing the potentially toxic mold growth that occurs in the bathrooms of home and business owners. When you hire us, you know you’ll be receiving the help of professionals who know how to effectively clean and disinfect a bathroom so you don’t have to worry about toxic mold spores affecting the health of people in your home. To learn about how you can get a free estimate for our mold removal services, contact National Restoration Experts at (754) 219-4660.