If your home has recently been damaged by a fire, you will undoubtedly be seeking out the professional assistance of an insured and bonded fire damage restoration service in Wellington, FL. Unfortunately, when there is a fire outbreak on a property, it is not just the restoration of the fire damage that needs to be considered. In an attempt to have controlled the fire, the property will undoubtedly be water soaked. So, afterward, you will need to hire a contractor that has experience in both water and fire damage restoration!
Prevention Is Better Than Cure When It Comes to Fire Damage
Many will tell you that while it’s great to know who to approach after a fire has wrecked your home, it’s probably best to be aware of how most fires breakout in Wellington, FL and what can be done to minimize the risk. Below are a few checkpoints to add to your fire prevention list:
- Ensure that all firefighting equipment in the home is serviced and not outdated. This includes fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, and similar.
- Ensure that your heating system is regularly serviced and cleaned by a professional.
- Make sure that there is no dust or other flammable items near the ignition source.
- Never let your dryer run when you are not at home or not awake. Make sure that you clean the lint filter after every use. A dirty lint filter can clog vents and fall onto the coil which can result in a fire.
- Make sure that all power outlets are not overloaded. Avoid using extenders and if you have any damaged or frayed cables in the home, replace them promptly.
Only Hire a Professional Fire Damage Contractor to Assist with Restoration in Wellington, FL
Of course, if the fire has already happened, these tips can only aid you in the future. If your Wellington, FL, home has suffered such an incident and needs fire and water damage restoration, it’s best to hire only professional and insured fire damage contractors to assist you. This is often required by insurance providers, especially if you want to be reimbursed for the cost of the repairs.